Quinoa is one of the superfoods as it contains all nine essential amino acids. Quinoa is eaten worldwide for all the benefits that it offers. It is a gluten-free, high in protein, fiber, magnesium, iron, calcium, B vitamins, Vitamin E, potassium, phosphorus, and various beneficial antioxidants.
HERE ARE THE 5 BEST BENEFITS OF QUINOA
1. Excellent source of protein. Protein is one of the most essential components, and Quinoa is a plant-based source of protein, which is excellent for vegans.
2. Promote a healthy weight. Quinoa is rich in fiber. Consuming foods high in fiber promotes a healthy weight. One feels fuller for longer, which reduces their overall intake of food.
3. Helps boost the body’s defense against infections. Quinoa is an excellent source of plant compounds quercetin and kaempferol. These antioxidants provide protection against a range of chronic conditions and boost the body’s defenses against infection and inflammation.
4. It is a pseudo-cereal. Quinoa being a pseudo-cereal, can be used as both cereal and grains.
5. Promotes digestion. Quinoa is one of the more easily digestible foods. It keeps you light all day long.
PRO TIP: Do consult your nutritionist for the right portion.