Oats are one of the healthiest grains. The best part is they are a gluten-free whole grain and are rich in vital vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. If you are still wondering why you should eat oats, then here are the 5 benefits of eating oatmeal.
HERE ARE THE 5 BEST BENEFITS OF OATS
1. Oats are highly nutritious. Oats are a great source of carbs, essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fibers, including the powerful fiber beta-glucan.
2. Oats help relieve constipation. Constipation is a severe problem, people with this problem hardly feel comfortable. Since oats are lighter and easier to digest, they help relieve constipation.
3. Oats help in weight loss. Oats keep you full for a longer period, because of which you eat less, which in turn helps you lose weight.
4. Oats lower cholesterol levels. High blood cholesterol leads to heart diseases. However, Beta-glucan present in oats increases the excretion of cholesterol-rich bile, which in turn reduces circulating levels of cholesterol in the blood.
5. Oats boosts the immune response to disease. Oats are a good source of fiber called beta-glucan, which helps boost the immune response to diseases caused by pathogens.
PRO TIP: Do consult your nutritionist for the right portion.