Porridge, however, is considered the food of patients, but it is not so. In fact, it is the lightest, healthiest, and quickest meal option. You can make porridge with oats, broken wheat, or pulses and rice. Porridge is very nutritious, and it benefits you in myriads of ways.
SOME OF THE BEST BENEFITS OF EATING PORRIDGE ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Due to its high fiber content, porridge is easily digestible.
- Porridge keeps your blood sugar levels in control.
- Since porridge is made of whole grains, and whole grains result in reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Eating porridge for breakfast can help you curb hunger and stay full longer throughout the day.
- It helps to improve energy-balance metrics in both men and women.
- Consuming porridge also reduces inflammation.
- Porridge is a great diet for maintaining ideal weight as it helps in reducing body weight and fat levels.
PRO TIP: Do consult your nutritionist for the right portion.