One of the best alternatives to all-purpose flour, Jowar is an excellent food for overall health. Here we are sharing the 5 best benefits of adding Jowar to your diet.
HERE ARE THE 5 BEST BENEFITS OF JOWAR
1. High in fiber. Jowar comes packed with good quality fiber. It promotes digestion, help you maintain a healthy weight, regulate blood sugar levels, and curb the risk of high blood pressure and strokes.
2. Helps build muscles. Protein contents in Jowar help build muscles, lose weight, and cell regeneration.
3. A gluten-free diet. Jowar is Gluten-free; hence it makes for a great alternative for wheat. It is an excellent food for those who are allergic to gluten or are suffering from ‘gluten intolerance.’
4. Manages diabetes. Both fiber and protein contents in Jowar help slow down the release of sugars into the blood, preventing spikes and troughs, thereby assisting in controlling diabetes.
5. Rich in Antioxidants. Jowar is an excellent source of various phytochemicals, including anthocyanins, phenolic acids, phytosterols, policosanols, and tannins. These antioxidants boost the body’s defenses against infection and inflammation.
PRO TIP: Do consult your nutritionist for the right portion.