Flax seeds, also known as Alsi seeds have always been categorized as ‘Super Food’ because of their health-protective properties. Flax seeds can be consumed directly or in the form of powder.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BEST BENEFITS OF CONSUMING FLAX SEEDS:
- Flax seeds are loaded with nutrients. Just a spoon full of flax seeds provides you with a good amount of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Flax seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Therefore, they make for a rich diet for those who depend entirely on vegetarian foods.
- Flax seeds provide prevention from several medical conditions. ALA in flax seeds prevents cholesterol from deposited in the heart vessels; it also reduces inflammation in the arteries.
- Flax seeds contain up to 800 times more lignans (plant compounds that have antioxidant and estrogen properties) than other plant foods. It helps lower the risk of cancer and improve overall health.
- Flax seeds can help in weight loss. Consuming a teaspoon of flaxseeds, along with dietary fiber, suppresses your appetite. This keeps you full for a longer time, thereby helping you in losing weight.
PRO TIP: Do consult your nutritionist for the right portion.