Chia seeds are famous worldwide for their health benefits. They contain nutrients that are beneficial for both your body and brain.
Here are some of the best benefits of consuming chia seeds:
- Chia seeds are a great source of antioxidants. Antioxidants present in chia seeds fight the production of free radicals, which can damage cell molecules and contribute to aging and diseases like cancer.
- Chia seeds contain quality protein. It is an excellent source of protein for people who do not eat non-vegetarian foods.
- Essential amino acids present in chia seeds make your body to use its protein content.
- Chia seeds lower the risk of heart diseases. The high fiber, protein, and omega-3s in chia seeds may reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Chia seeds help in weight loss. Consuming chia seeds in the breakfast increases satiety and reduces food intake, which in turn helps in weight loss.
PRO TIP: Do consult your nutritionist for the right portion and avoid if you are allergic to nuts.