You will thoroughly enjoy this nutrient-dense, easy-to-prepare spinach soup. Cooking it with low-fat milk gives it a lovely emerald green colour, which together with the aroma of sautéed onions and garlic, makes this soup irresistible!
1 tsp oil
1 tsp grated garlic (lehsun)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup low-fat milk , 99.7% fat-free
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water, mix well and bring to boil (approx. 2 to 3 minutes), while stirring once in between.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve Hot
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|Vitamin A||3044.6 mcg|
|Folic acid||63.7 mcg|