A creamy pumpkin soup flavoured with thyme. Very filling, onions add mild sweet taste whereas pepper adds the final finishing touch to the taste. Pumpkin is also rich vitamin a, calcium and fibre, so this is undeniably a healthy potion!
2 tbsp finely chopped onions
3 cups red pumpkin (bhopla / kaddu)cubes
salt and to taste
1/2 tsp cornflour mixed with 1 cup low fat milk (99.7% fat-free)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
For The Garnish
1/4 cup grated carrot
2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin pieces and sauté over a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add 4 cups of hot water, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the pumpkin is tender. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- When cool, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan,add the thyme and milk-cornflour mixture, mix well and bring to boil.
- Serve hot garnished with carrots and spring onion greens.
|Vitamin A||283.9 mcg|